Parish church graveyard

TMCP (Trustee for Methodist Church Purposes) has developed a wonderful new website to help us with all those difficult questions we dont know the answers to, it also has the most recent and update information such as Standard Booking Forms and Licences that we should be using when renting out space in our church.

Find out more by clicking on the following link:

The mission of TMCP is to support and strengthen the Methodist Church, both by providing practical support to Managing Trustees and by working closely and effectively with our colleagues in the Methodist Connexional Team.

If theres any questions you cant find the answer to please let Sharon Roberts the Circuit Property Secretary on 01952 505108 or email: and she will do her best to find the answer to the questions for you.

Below we have a list of Approved Tradespersons that the Circuit is happy to recommend and further down the page is information regarding Indemnity Insurance.

1) List of Circuit Approved Tradespeople
2) Indemnity Insurance

1) List of Circuit Approved Tradespeople

Plumber and Gas Engineer
Dean Rozier 07850280212 Registered Gas Engineer

Gas Appliances
Mark MPH Gas 01952 812812 or 07871234673 Registered Gas Engineer

Painter and Decorator can also plaster.
John Bloomer 07881808072

Phil Harris 07821497182

Electrician (small jobs)
John Peters 01952 511967 or 07773704151

Johnathan Parkes DLM Maintenance 07968058134
Registered for electrical certificate work if you need a certificate of electrical conformity.

Double Glazing Company
Glass Glazing & Windows Ltd Stuart 01952 507792

Asbestos Removal
SES Asbestos 01952 460666

2) Indemnity Insurance

If a group uses the Church as a place to meet for more than 3 times in a year they are considered a regular user and so must have their own Indemnity Insurance.

Please read the following article taken from the Methodist property magazine, Property Matters.

Do churches need to worry about insurance for outside users? The rule of thumb for most outside user groups, clubs and classes on church premises is that they need to have their own public liability insurance.

Methodist Insurance strongly advises that churches check that outsider users such as clubs and playgroups have the necessary insurance of their own. This is an area where churches often have queries and there seems to be quite a bit of confusion. Some trustees think the churchs own insurance will cover groups; others ask their users if they have insurance but dont see the documentation. As a warning of the consequences of what could happen, a hospital which hired a bouncy castle for a fun day found itself liable when a child was injured and an insurance claim was made. It emerged that the castles operators did not have any public liability cover so the hospital itself was found to be liable for the money, a scenario that could just as easily apply to a church.

Any group that is formal in nature meets regularly, has an organiser or a committee or its users pay fees must have public liability insurance of its own that will cover damage to the churchs property and injury to its members or users. It is very important that a church actually checks that an outside user does have cover the church trustees need to see the insurance certificate itself.

Methodist Insurance recommends that churches include wording in their letting agreements to stipulate that outside users groups must have their own insurance, and that a copy of the insurance certificate will need to be seen. Also, against the backdrop of high levels of media coverage of abuse cases, it is prudent for churches letting their facilities to playgroups or charities ask to see a copy of that groups safeguarding policy.

For more information on the insurance issues of renting your church or church hall to outside users, contact Methodist Insurance on 0845 606 1331.

Methodist Insurances Church Shield insurance policy only provides limited insurance cover for private hirers and what the policy describes as occasional non-commercial use. This means weddings, birthday parties, social events and one-off events like a local meeting but only as long as no other insurance is in force.

Methodist Insurance can also provide insurance for outside users. Community Shield is available for smaller groups and clubs, while Charity Shield has been designed for charities and not-for-profit organisations.


Wednesday 20th February @ 7:30pm
CLT Meeting
Wednesday 27th February @ 7:30pm

News stories

Circuit Party
Sharon: Wed 20 Feb 1:00pm
New Year Message
Webteam: Tue 01 Jan 9:54am


Lay Employment info
PDF file
Volunteer agreement
PDF file